Terms and Conditions of Green Waste Ltd
• 1.1 Any order placed with Green Waste Ltd which takes its vehicles off the public highway will be at the customer’s own risk, they will accept full responsibility for any consequential damage that may occur to persons, property or vehicles as a result of this.
• 1.2 Green Waste Ltd will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by failure to supply, or any delay in supply which may be caused directly or indirectly by any circumstances beyond our control, including act of God, fire, accident, breakdown of machinery, shortage of labour or material, or by an act of neglect on the part of the customer.
• 1.3 The time allowed for loading/unloading is 15 minutes. If the vehicle is kept waiting longer than this Green Waste Ltd reserves the right to charge waiting time.
• 1.4 Green Waste Ltd reserves the right to charge the customer for all costs incurred as a result of a cancellation or variation of the whole or a substantial part of an order, together with loss of profit and all other consequential loss. 2 SKIP HIRE
• 2.1 Asbestos, fridges, freezers, televisions/monitors, tyres, fluorescent/sodium lamps, gas cylinders, plasterboard, or any waste deemed as hazardous by an absolute or mirror entry in the European Waste Catalogue (Article 1(4) of
the Hazardous Waste Directive 91/689/EC) must not be placed in the skip container unless by prior written agreement with the company. Any of these items found in the skip will incur additional charges.
• 2.2 It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that skips placed on the highway or public places have the permission of the local highway authority and are adequately lit and coned off in accordance with the Highways Act 1980.
Green Waste Ltd no longer arrange permits for the highway.
• 2.3 The hirer shall ensure that the skip is not overloaded by weight or by volume at the point of collection. 8yd skips should be loaded so that it is filled no higher than the top of its sides. 12yd, 14yd and 16yd skips are only to be
used for light waste or loaded no more than the maximum legal road limit for the vehicles. Green Waste Ltd reserves the right to refuse to collect overloaded skips and any costs incurred due to unsafe loads/overloading (included
wasted journeys) will be passed on to the hirer. Additional charges may be levied.
• 2.4 The lighting of fires in or near skips is strictly prohibited. The hirer will be liable for any loss or damage to the skip container (excluding fair wear and tear) during the term of the skip hire period and will be charged the
current purchase price of the skip. Once a skip has been placed, it shall not be repositioned without prior consent from Green Waste Ltd. Moving skips on site could result in inability to collect skip.
• 2.5 The maximum rental period is 14 days for “cash” customers and 28 days for “Account” customers. It is the responsibility of the hirer to request the collection within this time. Failure to do so will result in unannounced
collection and/or rental charges being incurred. The rental charge is £30 inc VAT per week. Green Waste Ltd reserve the right to charge your credit/ debit card.
• 2.6 The responsibility for the skip remains with the hirer until collected by a Green Waste Ltd vehicle. Any skips which are removed whilst in the control of the hirer will be charged at full replacement value.
• For all sales, credit/ debit card details are stored securely until the skip has been return and inspected.
• If any items under section 2.1 and/ or from the Additional Charges Schedule are found in the skip, then Green Waste Ltd reserve the right to charge your credit/ debit card. Photographic evidence of the items will be taken and
• If excess weights over the agreed tonnage amount are found, then Green Waste Ltd reserve the right to charge your credit/ debit card for these.
• If no items are found your credit/ debit card details will be destroyed.
• Once any additional charges or additional weights have been paid for, your credit/ debit card details will be destroyed.
3 TIPPING/WASTE DISPOSAL
• 3.1 Green Waste Ltd are registered with the Environmental Agency as a waste carrier, further all landfill or disposal sites are correctly licensed or approved
• 3.2 Registered waste carrier number CBDU193112
4 SALE OF MATERIALS
• 4.1 All materials are sold on the basis that the weight or quantity is as stated on the conveyance note. Green Waste Ltd will not accept any responsibility once the load has been discharged and accepted by the onsite signatory.
• 4.2 Unless expressly agreed in writing Green Waste Ltd prices are for materials as stated on the quotation. Where the customer requires an alteration in the grade or type of material, or where it becomes necessary to supply from
another source, an extra charge may be made for any additional costs which may be incurred by Green Waste Ltd.
• 4.3 Risk in the goods shall pass to the customer on delivery.
• 4.4 All goods remain the property of Green Waste Ltd until paid in full.
5 PAYMENT TERMS
• 5.1 You are to pay us in cash or in cleared funds prior to or on delivery, unless you have an approved credit account.
• 5.2 If you have an approved credit account, payment is due in 30 days
• 5.3 If you fail to pay us in full on the due date we may:
• 5.3.1 Suspend or cancel future deliveries, exchanges or collections
• 5.3.2 Charge you any interest at the rate set under s.6 of the Late Payments of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998.
• 18.104.22.168 Calculated (on a daily basis) from the date of our invoice until payment
• 22.214.171.124 Compounded on the first day of each month, and
• 126.96.36.199 Before and after any judgment (unless a court orders otherwise);
• 5.3.3 Claim fixed sum compensation from you under s.5A of that Act to cover our credit control overhead cost; and
• 5.3.4 Recover (under clause 4.7) the cost of taking legal action to make you pay.
• 5.4 If you have an approved credit account, we may withdraw it or reduce your credit limit or bring forward your due date for payment. We may do any of those at any time without notice.
• 5.5 You do not have the right to set off any money you may claim from us against anything you may owe us.
• 5.5.1 While you owe money to us we have a lien on any of your property in our possession.
• 5.6 You are to indemnify us in full and hold us harmless from all expenses and liabilities we may incur (directly or indirectly including financing costs and including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) following any breach by
you of any of your obligations under these terms.
6 REFUND POLICY
• 6.1 This policy applies to goods and services ordered over the telephone, when a payment has been made by credit/debit/charge card. We will refund a skip providing at least 24 hours’ notice is provided. • 6.2 We reserve the right to charge for a wasted journey should our driver arrive at the delivery address but the skip is turned away.
• 6.3 Funds will be refunded to the customer’s credit/debit card within 30 days from cancellation of the order date.
7 GDPR Regulation
• As per the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), The Waste Group will keep your personal data secure and only store it for as long as necessary and only for the purposes of carrying out the services and goods we provide to you. Once personal data is no longer needed, we will destroy it securely